- Situational Awareness Update from Suffolk County
- Community Stress Management Tip Sheet
- Respiratory Best Practices for COVID-19
- BEMS 20-05 COVID-19 Response to Respiratory Emergencies
- BEMS 20-04 COVID-19 Provider Exposure
- Information for Patients Not Transported by EMS
- EMS Viral Pandemic Triage Protocol
- COVID-19 Fire Department Guidance NYS DOH
- Cardiac Arrest Protocol During COVID-19
- HVREMSCO Cardiac Arrest Pandemic Advisory
The CDC in Atlanta has developed some guidance on the conservation of PPE. Please see below.
Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of Facemasks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/face-masks.html
- Provides a definition for surge capacity and the three general strata used to describe it: conventional, contingency and crisis capacity.
- Discusses crisis capacity strategies for facemasks: the use of facemasks beyond shelf life, implementation of limited re-use of facemasks and alternative options to facemasks.
Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of Eye Protection: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/eye-protection.html
- Discusses contingency capacity strategies: shift eye protection supplies from disposable to re-usable devices, implement extended use of eye protection.
- Discusses Crisis Capacity strategies: Use of eye protection beyond shelf life, recommended type of eye protection, and selected options for reprocessing eye protection
Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of Isolation Gowns: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/isolation-gowns.html
- Conventional Capacity Strategies: Use isolation gown alternatives that offer equivalent or higher protection
- Contingency Capacity Strategies: recommended types of gowns, use of gowns beyond shift life.
The ESF-8-REG2-LISTSERV is an unmoderated forum for the posting and sharing of open source information, including white papers, position papers, reports, news, and press releases, related to emergency management, disasters, public safety, public health emergencies, counter-terrorism and homeland security. The views and opinions expressed herein do not represent the position or endorsement of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any of its agencies, offices or the list manager.
For more information on PPE conservation from the CDC, please visit:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/isolation-gowns.html